Valentine's Day Activities and Lesson Plans
The Valentine's Day seasonal pages will provide you with great lessons, activities, and resources to help speak the language of love. Ideas within this section include: thematic units, craft ideas, and individual lesson plans.
Your creativity can help other teachers.
Submit your Valentine's Day activity today.
Don't forget to include additional resources-documents, web sites, or a photo.
is celebrated in many countries throughout the world. For most English speaking countries, it is a day where people send gifts or Valentine's to their loved one.
Valentine's Day is on:
- Valentine's Day Word Searches Grades Any
These word searches were created in their entirety using our free word search maker. You can download these premade word searches or make your own in seconds.
Keys: Key 1, Key 2, Key 3, Key 4
- Valentine's Day Word Scrambles Grades Any
These word scrambles were created in their entirety using our free word scramble maker. You can download these premade word scrambles or make your own in seconds.
Keys: Key 1, Key 2, Key 3, Key 4
- Valentine's Day Cards, Coloring and Journal Pages
- More Valentine's Day Cards, Coloring and Journal Pages
Print ready-made lined journal pages, printable Valentine's Day cards, and coloring pages to use in your classroom.
- Animal Poetry Grades Any
Have students create an animal totally out of hearts. Hearts can be folded in half if they need a straight edge, but everything must be a heart. i.e. eyes, feet, antenna, etc. I tell my kids the animal must be one that is living or has lived. No monsters, dragons, or aliens. I also try to get them to do different things. Everyone will want to do a butterfly because it's so easy. Also they can only use three different colors of construction paper. I set out white, red, pink, black, and purple if I have it.
Students create a poem to go with their animal. I usually give them a choice of poems to choose from like Diamonte, Cinquain, Acrostic, ABC Poetry, and such. I've got overheads.
After I have proof read the poems, we type them. When they print I tell them to cut out the poem and decorate the paper. They could do a border, color the paper, draw pictures around or running through the poem. Some have even cut the poem out in some kind of shape. They turn out cute.
Submitted by: Debbie [email protected]
- Poetry Ideas Grades Any
A collection of fun activities related to poetry.
Submitted by: Bob [email protected]
- Let the kids put their picture on one side of a homemade valentine and the message on the other.
- Have the kids write lovely letters to their moms and dads and then mail them. Kids might enjoy the hug when they get home after parents get the mail.
- Take lines from poems and put on strips of paper and let kids figure out the order they go in.
- Take a poem and underline certain words and kids look up synonyms.
- Let them create poems for different types of jobs-they must use job-related words.
- Have a poetry contest at your school.
Debbie's Unit Factory
Fun and creative Valentine's links.
Jerry's Happy Valentine's Day Page Grades Any
Learn about the origin of Valentine's Day.
Love Translations Grades Any
Find out how to say "I Love You!" in all languages.
abcteach.com has put together a number of activities and lessons.
Valentine's Day Teaching Theme
A GREAT collection of lesson plans and activities.
Valentine's Day Theme Unit
Find puzzles, stories, and more.
Valentine's Glyph Grades Various
This is a great activity for younger students. It would also be a great "buddy" activity.
EMAIL us your favorite Valentine's Day Activity!